The timeshare market research website, Sharket.com has released it’s top 25 timeshare resorts list for 2016.
This figure is based on the resorts resale performance and ranks the top 25 in order of performance within the resale market.
One isn’t surprised at the top ranking resorts and for the second year running Disney dominate the list. Only 7 resorts scored a perfect 10 on the Sharket’s saleability score, 6 of these were also Disney. The saleability score is based on number of resales and resales price, the one other resort that scored a perfect 10 was Marriott’s Grande Vista resort.
Sharket’s Chief Data Offier, Bob Schmidt commented;
“Disney Vacation Club timeshares continue to enjoy a high number of resales and high median prices compared to almost any other resort. Disney resorts are not actually the priciest timeshare resales – in the Top 25 that honor again goes to Starwood’s Westin Ka’anapali in Hawaii – but the Disney resorts have a much higher number of resales. Disney’s Saratoga Springs for example chalks up an incredible 1,021 resales on an annualized basis, more resales per year than any other resort, and the number of Saratoga Springs’ resale transactions represents an increase of 20 percent compared to the data for last year’s ranking.”
Key Points of the top 25 list
- Disney Vacation Club resorts take all of the top six rankings, eight of the top ten, and eleven of the top 25.
- Two Marriott Vacation Club resorts appear in the top 10, and six in the Top 25.
- No Hilton Grand Vacations Club resorts appear in the top 10, but five Hilton resorts are in the Top 25.
- Geographically speaking, Orlando area resorts dominate, appearing ten times in the Top 25, while fourteen of the Top 25 are located in Florida.
- Hawaii resorts appear nine times.
- Hilton Grand Vacations Waikoloa, Hilton Grand Waikikian, Marriott Cypress Harbour, St. James Place, Disney’s Grand Floridian and Disney’s Aulani resorts rank in the 2016 Top 25 but did not appear on last year’s list.
- Resorts in the Top 25 last year, but not on the list this year, include Marriott’s Timberlodge, Marriott’s Newport Coast, Hilton’s Casa Ybel, Hilton Hawaiian Village – Lagoon Tower, Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Sea World and Plantation Club at South Seas Resort.
Posted on: May 11, 2016
For more information regarding this article or assistance in any other timeshare related issues please contact the TCA on 0203 519 3808 or email: info@TimeshareConsumerAssociation.org.uk